Ahhh, there some things that bring joy to a mother's soul...today a few examples:
6:30 a.m. Landon joins us in bed...D.R. tries to keep him on his side so I can grab a couple more zzzz's but I hear the little boy voice plaintively calling: "Mama, nuggle me!" How could I refuse?
12:30 p.m. D.R. and the boys have been outside in the snow, 'working' and are ready for a snack...I deliver fresh hot cookies and milk and stand by as they (and the dog) crowd around the plate and glass, murmuring their appreciation as they devour the sweets...all that remains in a few minutes is chocolate smeared faces and happy tummies.
Ok, and one not so endearing one came this morning:
7:30 a.m. Colt, "Mama, I don't like this breakfast~these eggs are NASTY!" Come on, really? He's just three and already he's copping a 'tude? Consequently, the breakfast remained uneaten and he didn't get another morsel of food until lunch time...logical consequences, baby. :)








1 comment:
Such precious times - treasure them, even with the attitudes!
Post a Comment