Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Brooks Ryan Bledsoe is Here!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Boys



So, I know its a cardinal rule not to compare one's children, and normally I'm a strict observer of cardinal rules...however, I can't help but ponder the differences of my two boys. Colt is almost three and from the time he graduated himself out of the NICU at St. Lukes Hospital, shortly after he was born, he has been going mock ten, racing through life. It seemed he went straight from a brief stint at crawling to a full on sprint. (slight exaggeration admitted) And he was always way too busy to be bothered with learning to talk...until he FINALLY learned, in which case he went from a repertoire of about 10 words to conversing at the doctorate level on the intricacies of snowmobile appreciation.
Now, Landon, my dear, sweet natured Landon. He does not have that voracious need for speed like his brother...he enjoys the occasional pre-nap snuggle, sitting and enjoying a meal, rather than shoveling it all in one bite, and lounging on mom or dad's lap while watching a bit of tv entertainment. He does, on the other hand, have a quick and fiery temper, evidenced as early as 3 months old. Poor Colt has been on the receiving end of this on more than one occasion, when a toy was snatched from Landon's grasp without proper consent. And one of the more exciting differences from this type A, teacher/mom's perspective, is his interest in the spoken word. Landon is daily increasing his language and at 16 months is starting to have mock discussions with brother and dog. His list includes endearing terms like: 'poo-poo, no! MINE!, up, down, Colty, May-May, car, book, hello, bye bye, and night-night'.

On reflection, I have to say, although I wasn't prepared for how different two little boys could be, I never get tired of learning and appreciating their nuances. God has gifted us with two very special little people, and I'm loving getting to know them as they grow through their stages. Five short years ago, we were told having children would be difficult if not impossible for us, but luckily God knew better. And I'll probably spend the rest of my life appreciating that!!!!


2 comments:

Pam said...

Words spoken from the heart of a mom - brings tears to this grandma's eyes.

-Amber- said...

:) and this friend's eyes too. Love those boys - so glad God blessed you with them.