What a blessing it is to stay at home with my son! It was a bittersweet decision to give up my career, but how I LOVE staying home with Colt! Today, like most days, was filled with general tasks that need to be done, but for some reason I was more reflective about it and realized I truly like what I'm doing on a daily basis! And though I'm the opposite of 'domestic', I've found that there are SOME domestic tasks I adore: today I dried plums, froze peaches, made Colt baby food from our garden (squash, zucchini, beets, carrots, etc!), visited my grandparents, made lasagna for dinner, and went for a walk with a friend...I know its all mundane sounding, but I was just struck today by what a blessed time this is in my life! Thank you God! Anyway, I tend to not use this blog as a personal reflection time...I think?! But today this is what you get. God has been truly good to us.
I'll look through my pictures and see if there's any worth posting but naturally they won't relate to this posting... but a post without pictures isn't truly a post, now is it? :)

Colt is sooo social! Here he is trying to hug a very shy little boy who doesn't quite know what to think about it!

Colt and his first girlfriend (first of many, his dad would say). They are both very social and friendly (read: aggressive) kids, so we moms decided they deserve each other!

D.R. and Colt and Luke and Treigh out for a country stroll in eastern Oregon. What good dads!
2 comments:
I'm so happy that God is blessing you with the things you've wanted in life for quite some time. He has a plan. It's worth waiting for. It makes me smile to see how He's worked his plan in your's and D.R.'s lives. Thanks for sharing your blessings and testimony with the rest of us.
Love you babe!
He keeps growing! I'm so glad I get to watch him closely via your blog. I can't wait to get another Colt hug....
Post a Comment