Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Brooks Ryan Bledsoe is Here!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Mama Trauma


Today was a much dreaded day for me~the two month doctor check-up/vaccine day! I have been doing my research regarding vaccines and came armed with current data and options, hoping Colt's Dr. would be amicable to my proposal...only getting certain vaccines and getting those on a lengthened schedule to minimize the toxic impact of the shots. That all went well, although I got some definite raised eyebrows from the doctor, but he went along with it. What I hadn't planned on was sitting in the examining room for an hour listening to babies in other rooms screaming bloody murder while getting their shots...the tension was building and I was about ready to cry right along with them just thinking about those monster needles coming toward Colt. Luckily Colt was fast asleep when the needle approached, but what a RUDE awakening it was when the nurse injected the shot~WOW! My child has some LUNGS on him! I felt so bad for him! But here we are two hours later, at home, and he's as happy and talkative as ever, so no harm no foul...

Other than the shot issue, the rest of the visit was good news. His stats are: 25 inches long, 12 lb. 12 oz, big head (as usual), and 75th percentile for length, weight, and head circumference.

All in all, I think I experienced more 'trauma' than the little guy did, but we're both glad it's over for awhile!

No comments: