Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Brooks Ryan Bledsoe is Here!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apple Cider Press Party


This weekend was a huge hit! Not only did we celebrate three birthdays, (mine being one of them~did I mention I ADORE my birthday?) but also we had our first annual old fashioned apple cider press party. Now, let me tell you, if you've not had occasion to partake in one of these opportunities, look me up and I'll hook you up for next year's event because it is flat out fun! Not to mention productive~we got 21 gallons of cider from a couple hours worth of effort. And the kids LOVED 'helping' by sampling the apples pre-cider...in fact, they enjoyed sampling one, tossing it back in the cooler, then grabbing another, sampling, tossing...repeat process...Anyway, despite the rain and chilly temps, a fun time was had by all! Next year we'll add straw bales to sit on, more people, and some guitar and banjo pickin' compliments of my dad and sis. Pictures below:


Inside process...strain and drain...pretty simple!

The audience...Cade, Jericha, Colt, and Landon....this was pre-birthday party, post press party
Now here' the real work~and it is a great workout!!!! I took my turn a couple times and felt like I was back running the 1/2 marathon, my heart was pumping so fast!

Ahhhh, sweet cider~makes it all worthwhile! Next year we may try making a little hard apple cider too!
Fun family pics!
Those big bad Bledsoe Boys!!!

1 comment:

Micah and Marla said...

A cider party sounds like a perfect fall activity! And all those cute cousins together has to be fun. You guys look great, I think mountain living agrees with you. We sure enjoy keeping up across the miles through your blog. Love ya-Marla