A Day in the Life...Lodge Livin'
7:15 a.m. "Mama... good morning...did you sleep good mama? I slept good...where's dada? Dada outside on snowmobile or boom-boom? Get up, mama...mama, GET up! Mama, I need milk."
(that was Colt crawling into bed with Landon and I and getting a head start on his daily word quota)
8:00 Out for a quick jog in the GORGEOUS sunny weather...45 degrees, green scenery, birds chirping like crazy...bliss!
9:00 Coffee in hand, doing a little office work at the lodge...enjoying peace and quiet since D.R. is doing office work at the house with the boys, (no peace and quiet there!).
10:00 Nap time for Landon, house work for me, outside work for D.R. and Colt...although if you ask me, they looked like they were having way to much fun to call it work...zooming around on the fourwheeler....work, my foot! Trade?
11:00 Landon in backpack, hit the flower beds with Colt undoing just about everything I do...but it keeps him busy and happy.
12:30 Lunch
1:00 Landon in backpack, Colt and I raking leaves, general yard work at the Lodge...I rake a pile, he jumps in the middle of it and drags it all out...somehow this is a game to him...but what a beautiful day to spend outside with my sons!
3:00 Landon and Colt down for nap...sweet dreams to them and down time for me...just enough to finish the FABULOUS book I've been working on: The Help by Kathryn Stockett...check it out!
5:00 P90X, baby! 1 hour of pure sweat! D.R. and I have been doing this 6 days a week for an hour...unless we're gone...and its tough but we feel so good afterward!
6:00 Quick dinner, D.R. heads off to scout for his upcoming bear hunts, I throw the boys in their pj's, and then we sit and watch a little Dancing with the Stars...
7:30 Boys to bed, clean the kitchen, enjoy the evening, thank the good good Lord for a life we love! Waiting for hubby to get home to have a cup of tea and contemplate the next day...it sounds mundane, it has its ups and downs, but oh how we are blessed and thankful for a day like this!








1 comment:
All I have to say... BUSY! I think your job is way harder than mine. I'll stick to sending the kids home at 3:30 every day. :) You go mama!
Post a Comment