Saturday, February 28, 2009
I Hate Taxes!
Alas, its not often I have a use for the word 'hate' but oh how I feel that particular emotion today! Its tax time and although I had a wonderful and patient soul basically DOING my taxes (OBVIOUSLY, that's not me!) I still felt agitated and grumpy for the day. All I had to do was sit and make appropriate replies to questions being asked regarding our thises and thats of financial gunk for this year and I failed the test...I experienced my yearly 'come to Jesus' moment once again (always felt at this same time of year). I MUST get more organized and save what needs to be saved for the next years taxes and then REMEMBER where I put it! I'm seriously considering relocating my family to the Cayman Islands where they relish in their tax free status. I wonder if there's hunting there? If not, D.R. will most likely commute...but oh the glory of no taxes! It seems an easy price to pay for forgoing this yearly mess I find myself in. Ok, the venting is over. I feel a teensy bit better, so mission accomplished. Next Wednesday I have my four month appointment with the midwife. Details to come. :) By the way, Baby Bledsoe has decided to make him/herself known...both in the belly bulge and the number of trips to the restroom I make, releasing my breakfast to the porcelain gods... :) Now I bet you're REALLY glad you tuned in for this post, eh? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Hi Teddi,
I just got up and have not had my coffee, eyes are bleary, barely had the ability to dress myself...... I logged onto your blog and read "I hate Texas". I thought, I have the wrong blog! Looked around the page... But no, this is the Bledsoe blog and there is Colt....read again? Is she taking a trip to Texas even though she hates it there? Read again, ahhhh....Taxes! Ha! So I read your rant and LOVED it. This is exactly how I feel when I have to gather up MY stuff and do MY taxes! I laughed, sympathized, and was delighted at how well you articulated the absolute frustration with the whole thing and with yourself. Calling it a "come to Jesus" moment is priceless and so appropriate! I just wish that determination to never let this "happen to me again" would last me long enough to get my "stuff" in order and stay that way forever! Anyway, all those 1040EZ filers will never understand the agony of the long form itemizers, and my husband with 2 or 3 self employment ventures every year adds an extra level as well. Hang in there and soon it will be done for the year. When I go shopping for my latest brainstorm, a basket to catch all tax related receipts and junk during the year because the ability to file them in a folder seems to elude me, maybe you would like one, too? Much love, Kathy
I read it as Texas the first time too and I didn't get it! I hope you are done now?!?!
Post a Comment