Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Brooks Ryan Bledsoe is Here!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

3 Babies in a Little House

The last four days were spent getting to know my two new nephews~what a treat! Colt and I, along with my mom, traveled to Eastern Oregon to help my sister with the new arrivals. The boys are doing well. We continue to pray and hope for the best for little Treigh, who has holoprosencephaly, which brings many challenges and fears with it. But what a sweet boy he is! Cade, his identical twin brother, is equally as sweet, and has a serious set of lungs on him! It was fun to guess who's cry was whose from a distance. (including Colt's) So Colt was a great little boy during our visit. He only protested when he had to go down for nap and when he saw his mama holding some other little baby. That was endearing, exasperating, and just funny! The day after we got home, Colt had his six month check up. We are so thankful for his good health. Although, the inevitable happened....(I've been waiting for this) The dr. suddenly realized what a large head he has (he's in the 75th and 90th percentiles for weight and height, respectively, but the head size is off the charts) So we go back in six weeks to see if the body has caught up to the head or if they need to do some checking to see what's up. As a first time mommy I inwardly FREAKED when the dr. said "swelling of the brain", but Colt is healthy in every other way and didn't have any of the symptoms that generally go along with that. Thankfully, my mom reassured me she had heard of this happening often and it was no big deal. Also, Kathy calmed my fears with her assertion that big heads run in the family. What a relief!!!! I have to confess , its just not something I've ever noticed before! :) Anyway, all is well and we're enjoying a down day today, trying to get stuff put back together around our house after getting new carpet installed. Colt is currently asleep in the backpack, and I feel a wet sensation dribbling down my neck...the kid drools with the best of 'em! :)Cade and Treigh. Being near Treigh always calms Cade~its the sweetest thing ever!
Little snugglers! They inevitably manage to get their arms wrapped around each other.

2 comments:

Amber Huwe said...

They are so sweet, almost as cute as their cousin, Colt. The twin connection re: Cade being calmed by Treigh is something we'll have to ask God about, I don't think man will ever figure it out. I'm so glad you were quickly reassured re: Colt's head size so you didn't spend too much time worrying about him. Thanks for the update!

Kimberly said...

How sweet those twins are. I agree with Amber, the twin connection is amazing. Colt's large noggin... Honestly, I think it's for all those brains that are in there. I'm sure Grandma is right - it's probably genetic. I will be praying that all the check-ups go well and everything is A-OK. Love you babe!