Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Brooks Ryan Bledsoe is Here!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation Time!

Wow! What a fun weekend! D.R. was hired as a wedding coordinator for a...well, a RITZY wedding at Redfish Lake resort. For those of you who've not been there, its near Stanley, Idaho, at the foot of the pristine Sawtooth Mountain range. It is BREATHTAKING there! This is the second wedding we've been to at Redfish and it really makes for a fun vacation~for me, anyway~D.R. had to work but he does such a great job at this and he really gets jazzed doing this kind of thing, so it was fun for him, too. So this was Colt's first vacation and he was in awe! There were so many new sights, sounds, experiences, that he was thoroughly overstimulated but in seventh heaven! This kid loves excitement. The only drawback was getting him to settle down to go to bed was a ...scream...literally! Kathy was good enough to join us for the weekend and got to be 'granny nanny' and I'm so glad she came. She was a real help and also fun to hang out with since D.R. was busy most the time. So some of the things we did were kayak, play in the crystal clear lake, sit on the comfy patio chairs and listen to an outdoor concert, go to the wedding reception and dance a song or two, and sit on the beach and relax. I really had such a good time and I'm so glad Colt is a good traveler~more good trips are hopefully in our future! And I'm a huge fan of 'destination weddings', as long as my husband is the event coordinator, Colt and I get a somewhat free vacation. :)
Colt's first taste of cold mountain lake water...he wasn't real excited about it.
We're standing on the dock beneath the Sawtooth Mountains. Pretty, huh!?
Kathy, Colt and I sitting in front of the lodge, enjoying the view and some music.
We've graduated from the front pack to the backpack~what a big boy!

4 comments:

Amber Huwe said...

Wow! You're looking good in orange and Colt is going to be a heart breaker, oh and DR you looked good too... :) You know I love ya! LOOKING FORWARD TO A TRIP TO ENJOY SOME TIME WITH YOU!

Kimberly said...

Colt looks pretty cool in those little camo swim trunks. I'm sure he made the ladies stumble. Looks like you all had a fabulous vacation. You deserve some R&R. I hope DR got a little in the midst of working. Look forward to seeing pics from future vacations - maybe Kenya? :)

Pam said...

Brings back good memories of previous family camping trips at Redfish. Might as well teach them to enjoy the great outdoors from a young age - sure looked like fun!

Angela said...

You look great! I need to convince Ben that a camping trip should be in our near future...you game?